1.1 To lay down the procedure for Preventive Maintenance of Multi Mill.
- Assistant – Engineering – To follow the SOP
- Executive – Engineering – To Comply the SOP
- Monthly Maintenance
- Check all the fastenings of the unit, if required tight all the fastenings.
- Check the miller shaft roller bearings, if required clean the bearings and lubricate them.
- Ensure that the unit is working in forward and reverse directions.
- Check electrical lines, starter contactors, if necessary clean with CTC.
- Check the caster wheels for free movement, if required lubricate the wheel bearings.
- Half Yearly Maintenance
- Check for the condition of belts, if the unit is belt drive and replace the belts if required.
- Check for the condition of coupling spider, if the unit is coupling drive and replace the spider if damaged.
- Check for the condition of Teflon gland packing / Mechanical seal, if necessary replace it.
- Check all the bearings of the unit and if required replace them with new bearings.
- Check the motor winding resistance and AMPS condition should be with in the limits.
- Check for proper earthing to the equipment.
CTC : CARBON TETRA CHLORIDE
- Annexure-1 Monthly preventive maintenance checklist
- Annexure-2 Half-Yearly preventive maintenance checklist.