1.1 To lay down a procedure for Preventive Maintenance of Air compressor & Dryer
- Assistant Engineering – To Follow the SOP
- Executive Engineering – To comply the SOP
- 3.1 WEEKLY MAINTENANCE
- Clean the air intake filter with compressed air
- Check and ensure the air compressor load is below 20 Amps during unloading and below 50 Amps during loading.
- Check and ensure no air leakages in the system.
- Check the condition of belts.
- Check and ensure the automatic drain valve function
- Check and ensure the by-pass valve of dryer in closed condition
- Check and ensure the function of the Dryer
- 3.2 MONTHLY MAINTENANCE
- Check and tighten the motor Bed Bolts.
- Clean the contactor kits with carbon tetra chloride.
- Open the motor terminal covers and tighten the terminals, replace terminal strip if terminals are broken.
- Clean the control panel with air blower and ensure no control wires should hang, tag the wires with cable tag if it is hanging.
- Check the oil level in air compressor, fill with oil if it is below the level.
- Check for any leakages in the pipe lines connected to dryer and receiver.
- Clean the automotive drain valve strainer
- 3.3 QUARTERLY MAINTENANCE
- Check the alignment of the motor pulley and compressor pulley.
- Regrease the motor Bearings.
- Clean the inlet discharge valves and replace if worn out or damaged.
- Open and clean the main, exhaust, non return, automatic drain and solenoid valves.
- Check the Air suction and Discharge valves for worn-out Parts, replace if required.
- Replace the Compressor cartridge oil filter.
- Clean the oil strainer and oil cooler.
- Clean the heat exchanger tube bundle assembly.
- Replaced the suction filter element
3.4 HALF YEARLY MAINTENANCE
- Check and clean the contactors, replace the contactor kits if it is damaged.
- Air inlet filter element to be replaced.
- Clean all the filter elements of dryer
- Replace the oil in the air compressor
- 3.5 YEARLY MAINTENANCE
- Check and ensure cylinder and cylinder heads are ok.
- Check and ensure no vibration of driven pulley.
- Check and ensure piston and packing rings are ok
- Replace all elements of dryer once in a year
- Check the physical condition of alumina, replace if required.
- After cooler (Water Cooled)De-Scaling shall be done once in year
6.1 Annexure – 1 List of Air Compressor.
6.2 Annexure – 2 Weekly Preventive Maintenance Check list
6.3 Annexure – 3 Monthly Preventive Maintenance Check list
6.4 Annexure – 4 Quarterly Preventive Maintenance Check list.
6.5 Annexure – 5 Half yearly Preventive Maintenance Check list.
6.6 Annexure – 6 Yearly Preventive Maintenance Check list.