1.1 To describe the procedure for preventive maintenance of Agilent GC
- Executive – Quality Control– To perform the preventive maintenance activity.
- Head Quality- Quality Control – To ensure compliance against established schedule.
- Ensure that the power supply power supply to the instrument is switched “off” before starting the preventive maintenance.
- Clean the instrument with a clean dry cloth every day.
3.1 Performance checks shall be done for the following parameters before doing preventive maintenance
- 3.1.1 Flow accuracy
- 3.1.2 Retention Time Reproducibility
- 3.1.3 Area Ratio Reproducibility
- 3.1.4 Oven Temperature
- 3.2 Enter the values in standard maintenance card as per sop
The following components of GC shall be subjected for preventive maintenance on the schedule date.
- 3.3 GAS CHROMATOGRAPH
- 3.3.1 Instrument shall be cleaned from dust with a blower
- 3.3.2 External gas leaks shall be checked with soap solution , all valves shall be tighten in case any leaks found.
- 3.3.3 Clean the injector port liner and change the septum
- 3.3.4 Clean the detector parts with DMA
- 3.4 HEAD SPACE
- 3.4.1 Clean the system from dust
- 3.4.2 Clean the HSS needle or change as and when required.
- 3.4.3 Check the status of rotor and stator of the HSS valve (sampling)
- 3.4.4 Check the contamination of transfer line.
- 3.4.5 Perform stream cleaning of HSS.
- 3.5 Enter the performance checks and preventive maintenance checks in standard maintenance card as per SOP
- 3.5.1 Stick the under preventive maintenance label during performing
- 3.5.2 Enter the preventive maintenance status details as per SOP Preventive Maintenance Programme for Laboratory Instruments..
- 3.5.3 Frequency of schedule is every 3 months.
- 4.0 ABBREVATIONS
- SOP – Standard Operating Procedure
- NMT – Not More Than
- % RSD – Percentage Relative standard deviation
- 5.0 REFERENCES
- Calibration of gas chromatograph
- Preventive Maintenance Programme for Laboratory Instruments.
- 6.0 ANNEX URES