To provide a standard operating procedure for Storage and Dispatch of Finished Goods from the finished goods store.
The scope of this SOP is applicable for Storage and Dispatch of Finished Goods from the finished goods store at [company name].
Finished Goods Store: Storage of finished goods, loading finished goods in the container or transportation vehicle. Placement of data logger with the finished goods to be shipped.
Quality Assurance: To release of finished goods and checking batches to be shipped and container to be used for transportation.
Logistic department: Arrangement of the vehicle from the approved transporter to ship the consignment. Preparation of documentation required for transportation and export of finished goods. To provide details to finished goods store regarding vehicle arrangement.
Approved transporter: Transportation of export consignment to seaport or airline cargo, checking documents’ adequacy for appropriateness.
1. Storage of finished goods
- Finished goods shall be received from the packing department along with the batch details.
- The document shall contain information about product name, product code, batch number, manufacturing date, expiry date, and packed quantity.
- Ensure that all the containers shall have labels and quantity details. On receipt of the batch in the finished goods store, batch details shall be verified against the documents received.
- Entry of material receipt shall be done in respective logs/ software.
- The goods shall be stored at appropriate storage conditions as per labeled storage conditions. The batch shall be stored in the quarantine area/ under test area.
- Location details shall be updated in the respective area log/ software.
- Finished goods shall be arranged in the storage area in such a manner to prevent contamination, cross-contamination, and mix-ups.
- Once QA releases the batch, it shall be transferred from the quarantine area to the approved area.
2. Dispatch of finished goods:
- Get the weight chart for the consignment with details of batch number, container number, gross, tare, and net weight and share it with the logistic department.
- Logistics shall arrange the container for the consignment at the plant.
- Before consignment, check the mode of transportation. For example, if the mode of transportation is by air, the finished goods store person shall wrap the pallet with a thermal blanket.
- Before shipment, the finished goods store person shall wrap pallets with stretch film.
- Finished goods store person shall ensure that the arranged transporter is approved by QA department and agreement with the transporter is valid.
- Dispatch of finished goods shall be done through only the Approved Transporter.
- Before transportation of finished goods, the vehicle shall be checked for the vehicle’s condition and cleanliness.
- In case the customer is arranging their transportation, detailed information regarding the transporter should be ensured. List of such customers shall be maintained by finished goods store. As and when new customers and products are introduced, the list shall be updated.
- After the vehicle’s arrival, the finished goods store person shall inform to QA department for vehicle inspection and consignment verification.
- Finished goods store person and QA person shall check the finished product and inspect the vehicle, loading platform, and rainproof status before loading of consignment.
- Finished goods store person shall load the goods in the container as per the shipping document.
- Finished goods store person shall do documentation of shipment loading.
- When shipment needs to send with the controlled condition, finished goods store person shall use calibrated temperature sending device to check the container’s temperature and record it in the logbook.
- Before starting batch loading activity, ensure that the container’s temperature complies with the required product storage condition mentioned on the shipping mark.
- Ensure that temperature controlling equipment is in ON condition while loading the finished goods.
- After completion of loading the finished goods, ensure that vehicle should maintain the required temperature.
- Finished goods store person shall ensure that material is not damaged during the loading.
- While loading, if required, use airbag or strapping tools to prevent goods tilting or damage during transportation.
- It is to be ensured that the protection of finished goods is done in such a way that the vehicle is protected from calamities conditions and rain showers.
- Before closing the shipment container, photographs shall be taken and attached with the documents for future reference.
- Once the shipping container is filled, fix the seal and hand over the vehicle to the transporter.
- Required commercial documents shall be handed over to the transporter.
- Acknowledgment for shipment handover shall be taken from the driver.
- Logistics department shall additional documents required to facilitate shipment, such as invoice, Weight Chart, Non-Hazardous declaration.
- Dispatch documents shall be retained for product expiry +1 year or 5 years, whichever is longer.
3. Precautions during air and sea shipment:
- Placement of data logger as per shipment validation study.
- Checking of container cleanliness.
- Airbag to be used to fill the empty space.
- Cord strap to ensure pallet will remain at its place and hold the container adequately.
- Ensure that the doors of the containers are placed adequately.
- Ensure that thermal blanket is wrapped for an air shipment.
- In case of shipment, mode changed from sea to air, ensure that thermal blanket is wrapped. If shipment mode is changed from air to sea, remove the thermal blanket.
- Ensure that data loggers are placed in the shipment as defined for the respective product, customer, and mode of shipment.
- Ensure that the data logger is ON during shipment.
- During the rainy season, depending on transportation mode and route, additional layering of the pellet can be done using poly bags to protect the goods.
- Format for Checklist for Dispatch of Finished Goods
|Product Name||Record the observations|
|Date of shipment|
|Cleanliness of vehicle|
|Temperature before loading the goods|
|Temperature after loading the goods|
|Temperature sensor Id.|
|Details entered By|
|Details verified by|
- Format for acknowledgment from vehicle driver (this can be in multiple languages for understanding of driver)
|Date of dispatch:|
|Information for driver to note:|
|1. In case of any abnormality observed during the transportation, driver needs to immediately inform to company and transporter’s main office.|
|2. Ensure that cooling of container is maintained as per storage condition.|
|3. If cooling unit malfunctions, alternate arrangement needs to be done immediately with the help of transporter’s main office.|
|4. To inform immediately to transport company in case of any event with the vehicle during carrying the goods.|
|Explained by finished goods store person: Signature/ Date:|
|Acknowledged by driver: Signature/ Date:|
- Format for transportation details:
|Sr. No.||Product name||Customer||Destination||Mode of transportation||Container storage condition||Data logger requirement|
- Format for list of approved transporter
|Sr. No.||Name of Transporter||Address of Transporter||Types of vehicles||Validity of Transporter agreement|