- To lay down a procedure for operation of fume hood.
2.1 Chemist / Executive – Quality Control – to follow the procedure.
2.2 Supervisor / Manager – Quality Control to ensure adherence to the procedure.
2.3 Head – Quality Control for implementation and compliance.
- Ensure that the equipment is clean and free from dust.
- Switch on the mains to the fume hood.
- Switch on the light by switching on the red coloured switch provided on the front side of the fume hood.
- Ensure the exhaust by switching on the green button provided at the right side of the fume hood.
- Ensure the constant operation of exhaust.
- Avoid rapid movements at hood face when the door is open.
- Utilize the regulators provided at the left side of hood for water, airflow and LPG.provided inside the hood.
- Press the black button to monitor the airflow provided on the top right side of hood.
- After completion of work ensure the cleanliness of hood and close the door by pulling it down.
- Switch off the light and then mains.
- PERFORMANCE VERIFICATION
- AVERAGE VELOCITY
- Check the velocity of fume hood using Anemometer at 3 different positions ( Left corner , middle and Right corner ) and record in Annexure -1
- Acceptance criteria: 100 + 15 Feet / minute.
- Frequency: Half yearly
Annexure –I – Performance verification Record for fume hood
Annexure –I Performance verification Record for fume hood
|Make||:||Equipment ID No.||:|
|Serial No.||:||Frequency||:||Half yearly|
Anemometer ID No .:__________________ Due date :_______________
|S.No||Observed Velocity (Feet / minute )||Remarks|
Acceptance Criteria: 100 ± 15 Feet /Minute
Performance Status :
Performed by: ____________ Reviewed By : ___________
Date : ____________ Date : ____________